Preheat the oven to 220c; Grease and line a Swiss roll tin with baking parchment
1. Place the eggs into a medium mixing bowl and whisk lightly until the whites and yolks are combined.
2. Add the sugar and whisk well until the mixture is really thick, creamy and almost white. Using a metal spoon or spatula lightly fold in the flour.
3. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for about 7-8 minutes. Do not overcook the sponge or it will crack when you roll it.
4. As soon as you remove the sponge from the oven tip it out onto sugared parchment. Remove the lining parchment from the underside and trim the edges.
5. Using the sugared parchment roll up. Allow to cool then gently unroll and fill with chocolate butter icing then re-roll.
Hint : This can be transformed into a Christmas Chocolate Log by spreading the surface with chocolate butter icing and mark with a fork. You can make the log look even more spectacular by slicing an end section, re-arranging it at a 45 degree angle then proceed with your decoration. You could also substitute the Chocolate Fudge Icing.