1. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. One-by-one beat in the eggs.
2. Sieve the flour and baking powder into the mixture and fold in using a spatula.
3. Divide between 12 paper cake cases then bake 18 -20 minutes until risen, golden and springy to touch. Cool on a wire rack.
4. Beat together the butter and icing sugar to make the buttercream.
5. Using the tip of a small sharp knife, run a small circle in the centre of each cake, then just flip off. Fill each cavity with buttercream. Turn over the 'lids' so right side is down and cut in half. Replace at an angle to represent the wings.
6. Using a tea-strainer or sieve, sprinkle over the extra icing sugar.